About us – Kitchigami Regional Library System
KRLS is a consolidated library system based in Pine River, Minnesota. With 9 branches and 1 bookmobile covering 5 counties in mid-central Minnesota, Kitchigami Regional Library System provides quality library services and resources.
The Kitchigami Regional Library System enhances quality of life throughout Beltrami, Cass, Crow Wing, Hubbard and Wadena counties by providing access to library resources and services that meet residents’ varied and continually evolving needs.
- Public Trust: We commit to being fiscally responsible with public resources, and to protect patron confidentiality, within facilities that are safe, well-maintained and accessible.
- Access: We provide resources, programs, and services that are free and open to all.
- Diversity/Inclusion: We are committed to reflecting the diversity of our communities through the regional collections, services, and staff development.
- Excellence: We hold ourselves to the highest standards in everything we do.
- Innovation: We encourage and champion innovation that positions the regional libraries to better meet emerging community needs.
Kitchigami Regional Library is the home of 9 different local branches across our region which is made of 5 counties. We also offer digital library services and a bookmobile that makes stops across our region to bring books to even more accessible areas for our patrons.
See all of our locations and branches at our locations page
The KRLS Board is made up of representatives according to our By-Laws, with every county and city served appointing one County Commissioner, City Council member or citizen as representative to the Board and one alternate. In the event that a citizen is appointed as representative, it shall not appoint an alternate.
Want to learn more about our board?
See a list of our board members, learn about our meetings, and see our meeting agendas and minutes