Interested in volunteering at your local KRL branch library?
- Do you value the library and want to communicate that to the rest of the community?
- Do you have time to contribute on a regular schedule for 3 months or more to activities at the library that supplement and enhance its services?
- Do you have a special skill or ability that would help the library with a special project?
Then the library has volunteer opportunities for you!
Special Category Volunteers:
- High school students and Community Service Hours:
The library welcomes high school volunteers over the age of 14, with parental/guardian approval. These placements are subject to the needs of the particular branch library and there may be a waiting list. Once accepted as a library volunteer, a student must maintain a regular weekly commitment of 1 to 3 hours over a minimum period of three months. Willingness to follow directions and to work conscientiously with minimal supervision are both essential. All applicants will not necessarily be accepted.
- Volunteers bring great ideas and skills to our programs
- Volunteers partners with library staff and local library committees to bring the best possible library service to the community
- Volunteers increase the productivity and efficiency of paid employees
- Volunteers extend the library’s sphere of contacts with individuals, businesses and organizations in the community
- Volunteers connect KRL to the communities it serves
Who to Contact about Volunteering
If you are interested in volunteering at KRL, or would like further information, please